1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where is my gimptool??

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by komiapoika, May 14, 2008.

1. komiapoika

komiapoika Member

Hi,
    I need gimptool-2.0 to compile some Gimp plugins, but, contruary to some IRC users, I don't have any in my /Applications/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/bin folder. I just upgraded Gimp to 2.4.5 and still no gimp tool. There is no Darwin or Fink package for it. I can't even find the source package online to compile. There must be something I missed. How can I install gimptool-2.0 on MacOS 10.5??

2. Auria

Auria Member

Hi,

to get GIMP-tool you will need to compile GIMP from sources, for instance by following our instructions with macports

Unfortunately it is difficult for us to ship gimp-tool because binaries don't include headers and stuff like that. In future versions (maybe the native one) i could look into making it easier.

There also is a "tutorial" about how to build plugins on mac here : http://gimper.net/index.php?topic=777.0

3. komiapoika

komiapoika Member

Hi Auria,

Okay, so I built Gimp from source. Macports now allows it with one "port install gimp" command. I ended up with the exact same Gimp that the binary package, except it now builds and loads my plugins, which is good of course. I have a gimptool in /opt/local/bin.