1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Download GIMP 2.6.12 for Mac Intel V.10.6.8?

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by leonardo, Jul 5, 2012.

1. leonardo

leonardo New Member

I recently downloaded GIMP 2.8.0 on my Intel Core i3 Mac v.10.6.8 and now want to uninstall it
    and install GIMP 2.6.12 but I cannot find it—just the Windows version. Where can I download
    the stable GIMP 2.6.12 for my Mac?

Problems with GIMP 2.8.0:

Cannot use gradients with paintbrush tool because there is no Use color from gradient box
    to check—and the dynamic brush set up is too complicated for me.

When I rotate a transparent layer with a stoked square the square separates.

I tried to report these as bugs but the bug site requires an email address and warns email address
    is vulnerable to spamming so I didn't report them.

Thank you.

2. Rod

Rod Moderator Staff Member

Your first problem can be fixed by just creating the paint with gradient brush like so
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3593&hilit=paint+with+gradient&start=20#p46171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p46171</a>

Your second problem i didn't quite understand.

partha.com has the latest Mac version which works excellent.You should try it.
    On his website you can message him and ask if he has a compiled version of Gimp-2.6.12
    Tell him Rod sent you. :)

Hope that helps.

3. stumpy666davies

stumpy666davies New Member

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack New Member

Dear colleagues,
    It's Moises, an active gimp user for long time ago. I'm a Student and I'm working on ink model.
    I wonder if someone could help me to understand the ink model tool code. I downloaded the ink application code written in c, but I needed some guide (or something like that) in order to understand the tool and do some contribution.
    Best wishes!
    - Moisés