1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wacom Bamboo

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by lars, Mar 29, 2008.

1. lars

lars New Member

Hi!
    I just bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet for using whith GIMP on my MacBook (OS Tiger).
    While the tablet works fine as "mouse" it won't work as a pen (pressure etc). When I go to Preferences it won't recognize the tablet as extended input device. Anyone else has the same experience? Any suggestions for solutions?
    Lasr

2. Auria

Auria Member

Hi,

unfortunately this is a known issue... X11 currently does not process tablet events fully therefore there is currently no way GIMP on mac can make full use of tablets :( The native version (upcoming) does not ye support them, HOWEVER there are plans to add support into it. I personnaly don't have any tablet (and probably not the knowledge either) so I can't speed up this integration by helping the GTK-OSX team, but there is good hope that it will come in the future

3. lars

lars New Member

Thank you very much, Auria for the information.
    Lars

4. chunmko

chunmko New Member

Hi,

I am also a newbie with a Bamboo tablet. I am running OSX Tiger with GIMP 2.6.1. I wonder if there is any way to make the pressure sensitivity work now?

Thanks,

-Carson

5. MattSomethin

MattSomethin Active Member

school
    Home Page:
    I actually believe there is a way to do it, i have leapord on my mac, but dont have a tablet yet.

6. lars

lars New Member

As far as I understand there is tablet support for the Leopard version that Lisanet provides, but not the Tiger versions.
    Lars

7. jtico

jtico New Member

You're right. To use Gimp with a tablet you need to install this beta version of X11 (here is the link)

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.2_beta1.pkg

But alas, you need Leopard 10.5 to run it.

I have downloaded it and works flawless. I have a tablet and I'm using it with Gimp

8. Mythos

Mythos New Member

The problem I have on my Macbook pro (10.5.6) is that the dot that draws the line will start moving slowly for a few seconds and then it will resume moving normally, and then again and again every few seconds. You can see a video here http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~u06ck5/Video-0003.mp4

9. Mythos

Mythos New Member

And the same thing happens with the trackpad aswel.