1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide

Discussion in 'Photography' started by virtualTune, Apr 6, 2012.

1. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    Yep. No I am not at that point again... the older members, which is all thats left may remember that post. While searching for the post i found this one <a class="postlink-local" href="http://gimper.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10691&hilit=+bye" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10691&hilit=+bye</a>

This is the post i original thought of: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://gimper.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7636&hilit=+bye" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7636&hilit=+bye</a>

Well, This time i will speak before I act. Speak through art if you so will. 4 hours ago, I was sitting in my chair at home, vegetating like i was waiting for someone to come shoot me. Noone came. So I grabbed my camera equipment and my bike to ride. Just ride the bike as fast as I can. It should be said that my Mountainbike has no light nor brakes, but thta didnt matter. Not at the moment. All that mattered was the adrenaline rush whilst racing through the night on the road that runs through the fields without any cars or other people. Just me on my bike and the heartless wind piercing my face. After a while I got to a small mountain. I left the road and just made my own path up the hill. Then I stopped. I looked up and saw not a single cloud, yet only a few stars. Then I saw the moon, majesticaly floating above my head. I sat down in the wet grass, and just sat there for a good 15 minutes until I felt cold. I knew it was time to take action or else I would, sooner or later stay there forever. Ironic how that reflects my current situation in life. If I dont start working some time soon, I might as well just ... .
    So I grab my camera, set up my tripod and Start experimenting. And as I keep going I get all kinds of new ideas. Then i figure that there are some concepts i just can;t do when i am alone. Again this reflects my life as I had ended an important relationship recently and slowly start to experience what difference it makes. In the end I came home with a ton of useless pictures and a few decent ones. My favorite one is below (after some small edits ;) ).

I feel like at times this forum is not only a source for info and help but also like a diary, just that it replies :)

You may need to zoom out! [​IMG]

2. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    That's what we're here for! :)

3. virtualTune

Home Page:
    great. thats all?!! FORUM WAKE UP!

4. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

Im on holiday, gimme a break.

Ill reply when i get back home!

5. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

I like trains...
    yeah, I'm bad at this, sorry

6. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    The picture itself is mysterious the first time I've seen it. It is also because of the story behind it perhaps. If the two shadows were added, they are another hidden messages on the picture. Honestly, the city scenery at night alone is emotional already ('cause I've read the story behind). :wilber:

Btw, I also experienced being very angry and then pedaled my bicycle at high speeds in circles within our street (with one side being a dead end) which is not part of the main road for passing vehicles. I just let myself go on without care until I feel almost numb while letting and ignoring tiredness to come. So maybe I can relate a little? ^-^

7. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I see this is quite an old topic, hope you don' t mind the late reply.
    I didn' t even notice the shadow the first time I looked at it, that' s great! How' d you do it?
    Hope everything is well with you vt, keep your head up.

8. virtualTune

Home Page:
    It is a long exposure.
    Exposure 45.3
    Aperture f/10.0
    Focal Length 14 mm
    ISO Speed 100