1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Preview on a Hotkey

Discussion in 'General GIMP help' started by noreabu, Sep 6, 2014.

1. noreabu

noreabu New Member

Hi,

i'm doing some pixel-art with two views:
    • One View for drawing (Tablet+Pen) which is quite big and should contain all the necessary Tools and Support-Lines (Layer, Selection etc.)
    • Another View as Preview: 1:1 (original size) and - simply put - every checkbox in "View" is turned of. So no highlighting that distracts from the preview, no scrollbars...
    However, every time i start a new image where i need those two views, i have to deactivate all the view settings again (and again...) which is very annoying.

Is there any way to make this task more simple? Maybe a Plug-In or some Macro?

I would be already happy with a hint to a plug-in that can create a new view from an existing image. Guess i could work my way from there.

cheers
    markus

2. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Hi noreabu,

I' m not sure if this is what you need, but pressing 1 gives you a 100% view and Shift+Ctrl+E will fit it to your window.

3. noreabu

noreabu New Member

thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this is not what i need.

Put in another way: i want an additional view window for a image, with only the windowmanager decorations.

4. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    :wilber: I think the settings are saved that way so that every start up it remembers the previous settings. It does takes some time and effort to remove the guides, rulers and preview the image in a 1:1. A function to make this faster like another settings of image previewing would be helpful indeed. Request to GIMP developers :)