Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by Auria, Mar 31, 2008.
As written on the front WLA page :
waiting on contributions We need you, folks
I just tested the finished build on 3 different MacBooks (one even just out of the Box).
NO ERRORS This is sooo great. Finially we seem to have a stable version. Great work Auria :-*
No we just need a Leopard/PPC and Tiger/Intel build....
I now have to work. I will upload my build in a couple of hours.... New Leopard/Intel build is online
Hi, I have an Powermac G5 with leopard. I can help you with builds if you teach me.
And thanks for all the work.
Hi, i have a MBP 2.2 Santarosa Ghz with Leopard.
LEt me know when you need i build Gimp.
Thanks for your work!
Have a look at his: http://darwingimp.sourceforge.net/buildgimp.html
If there any questions, just asks.
I already did a leopard intel build. But thanks for the offer. but you download the lastest build an test it.
I have macports already installed and build a native gimp. Should I remove it?
Usually, existing macports instalaltion will be in /opt/local I believe. It is highly recommended to at at lest temporarly disable your old installation (like moving it to /opt/local-disabled, you can move it back later). Once I didn't do it and totally messed up everything, so better keep both separate. More info can be found in our packaging guide, linked above
Gimp.app (version 2.4.5) for Leopard PPC...
I have an iBook G4 running Leopard 10.5.2. I followed the instructions on building the Gimp found here:
All the instructions went without a hitch. The only problem is that Gimp.app won't launch. Here's some Terminal output about the launch:
I'd love to help contribute a working Gimp.app (version 2.4.5) PPC build for Leopard! Any help is greatly appreciated!
I had the same error. Just create a folder "session.d" in the finished build App.
( sorry for the off-topic... chachi, I LOVE your avatar ) good luck with the build, this seems to be a problem on Leopard computers, not sure why it happens... maybe one more thing to report to macports people. or maybe that would be for the gimpguts script but not sure where's the problem it works on tiger
PS: Welcome here, it's always great to get new contributors
It's so nice when things finally work as expected! ;D Now how do I go about contributing this build?
Thanx!!! You sure know how to make a guy feel welcome! 8)
The easiest is to create yourself an account at sourceforge, then you we can give you the correct permissions and you can then directly uplaod your file to the servers through FTP
Hey Auria, I've set up an account at sourceforge. What exactly do I need to do next?
Well first we need to know what is the account name to give you permissions
once we get it we can give you permissions, then i'll give you quick isntructions how to get the build to sf through FTP
My sourceforge user name is thechachi. Is that what you need? Sorry, I've been a private Apple developer for a long time, but this is my first time using sourceforge.
Perfect, I gave you permissions to manage files
here's a very quick how-to
1) create a dmg using disk utility (first create a large non-compressed one, add GIMP files to it, then use disk utility to export it to compressed dmg format). name the dmg with our naming conventions (including platform and date) with no space or non-ASCII in the name (otherwise sourceforge will reject it)
2) configure your favorite FTP app like shown in the attached screenshot and upload your file there.
3) go to sourceforge, log-in, then go to our project page (sf.net/projects/darwingimp). You will notice a new red tab called "admin" will have appeared for you
4) in the admin tab, select file releases
5) locate the package that corresponds to your platform (will be leopard-PPC I think) and click the [Add Release] link next to it. Name it 2.4.5. (we need to create it since there currently is no 2.4.5 build for that platform.)
6) Once you're finally in the release config page, accept the file you just uploaded by selecting it in the incoming file list then pressing the button. once it's done you need to enter a few fields like architecture and archive type...
then it's all
hope everything goes fine, if you meet a problem just ask
theorically, you could just upload the file to FTP and we could accept it, but that's a bit risky since there would need to be a dev around at the time to accept it before sf times it out and wipes it
Well, AFAIO, all went well uploading my dmg of Gimp.app! If you need anything more from me please feel free to ask. I don't have ALL the time in the world, but I ALWAYS have time to help the Mac community when I can... and of course our beloved !!!
I've updated the downloads page, thanks!!
My pleasure Auria!
One more question... I've made my dmg a bit more attractive (mostly just added a background image) and I also added the "LICENSE.txt" file to the dmg. Can I edit the release on sourceforge or would that change the download link (or create other problems)?
Separate names with a comma.