1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening .eps files in Gimp 2.4.4

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by Ozone, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ozone

Ozone New Member

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble opening an eps file using Gimp 2.4.4 on 10.4.

I see that in Gimp 2.4.5 it's something that's been resolved but seeing that I don't have OS 10.5 and am running it on an Intel processor I don't have the option of upgrading to it.

Does anyone know of a way to get this working?

Thanks,

2. Auria

Auria Member

Hi,

unfortunately we don't really know the cause of this bug... It has not really been "fixed" in 2.4.5, it just happened that by pure luck that build turned out right  :( That's most likely issues with macports (the tool we are using to build GIMP) therefore we do not have much control over it unfortunately. The best way currently is to convert your image to e.g. png in Apple's Preview.app that comes with the system, then import in GIMP

I'm building GIMP on my computer right now... when I'm done there's a couple issues I can try ironing out so I will check this if there's something obvious I can do, but don't expect too much, GIMP on mac is complicated matters currently :)

3. Ozone

Ozone New Member

cool, thanks for the feedback, at least now I know and can stop searching the net for a fix. I'm really appreciative of all the work that's been done in getting this app up and running (especially on the mac platform). I've never tried any of the coding myself but I'm sure it's a huge task.

Thanks again.

4. Auria

Auria Member

Hi,

I have found a way to fix .eps/.ps support. We will only need to wait for people to build GIMP and contribute packages to get all latest fixes :)