1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ticket

Discussion in 'Gimp Tips & Tutorials' started by Garnet1377, Feb 4, 2010.

1. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

blizzard <3 although i might prefer to watch it from inside :p but if its a nice sunny day ill jump in the snow.

how does snow days make you old? they have more snow days here than where i lived ::) it makes me die of laughter that school closed because of what, 2 inches of snow? my first snow day, it was like 2 feet at least!!

try http://dafont.com http://abstractfonts.com

i make my sigs 400x150 if that helps :) not that i do them anymore...

home schooled? my, my, youve got alot of time on your hands. you dont get stupid teachers or wake up at 6.30 everyday on weekdays and go to sleep at 12 or later.. only thing id say not good about home school is school is where i meet all my friends, any others i really cant keep in touch with cuz i dont have their email or w/e

2. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    Yeah, being home schooled rocks, And we get SOOOOOOO many days off.

3. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    SF - I'm not in school anymore, no snow days for me. I go to day classes for my job because I'm learning a new language to code in. Does that make sense? Thanks for the font sites, I'll check them out!

DW - You are so full of it!

You guys are so helpful!! :)

Here is my new design -

[​IMG]

I need some smoke/steam around the engine and some font and what else?? Suggestions.

I'm going to watch it snow! We so don't get enough snow here!

4. David Wood

Home Page:
    That looks cool, I think you should add the lines where you are going to write the party info, and in the top right corner put word like, 'ALL ABOARD!' or something similar.

5. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

amy - ah. cool :D

hm... steam/smoke could be lighter colour maybe... i dont think it should stand out so much but thats me. it could be more... fluffy, you know what i mean? kinda like clouds :p

also instead of erasing the trains wheels.. i think you should leave them there, and add train tracks :)

6. David Wood

Home Page:
    yeah try adding a scatter and fade out to the smoke brush

7. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    David - I'm going to pull Full Steam Ahead at the top of the invite - does that sound corny? Then the rest of the wording underneath. I hope this turns out good! Your right it needs some stuff.

Shadow - I'll add some fluff. :) I'm not sure how to make the clouds/smoke, I worked on it a little bit and got irritated - doesn't take much - so I took a step back and did some actual work!!

So the blue, should I make it a texture?? Give it some depth? I tried it and it kind of looked like a lego effect. I might play around with that.

I like this MUCH better than the crappy ticket! thanks for your help. It's really snowing here, really really snowing. I LOVE it! C'mon blizzard!!! I want at least 2 feet!!!!

8. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

http://gimp-tutorials.net/gimp-design
    http://gimp-tutorials.net/gimp-pattern

for a texture or pattern :) of course, there are loads of other kinds, but maybe these can get you going.

as for the smoke.. all i can say is try smudging. i can do fire... not smoke though heh.. maybe try the iwarp filter.

idk... something about the colours im not liking.. well theres that red, and blue and grey and black, dont really match =/

SEND ME SOME SNOWWWWWWW

9. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    omg don't you guys realize that you bombard amy with all these tuts?!! I think the best way is not more than 2 tuts a day at most and working wityh it by yourself. If you simply check out the filters section you will be busy till christmas! :p I think it looks kool but there is again too much "wasted" space. Are you ging to add text? therwise some vector brushes might help. If you don't know what that is, google them. They look like icons n stuff, like the stickers in scrapbooks, u know?! ;)

10. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

vt - bombard, yes, but you can take a little bit from each :)

even gimp masters have much to learn ;)

11. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    Shadow - I'll gladly send you some snow, because it's still snowing. We have about 16 inches so far, I'll take some pics for you, I plan to go out out and snow mobile/sled/anything.

VT - I'm putting words on it, searching for the right font. I will check out the Vector brushes, thanks.

Color - I agree, I'm not sure about the grey circle, I changed it last night to be a softer blue and added some smoke to the engine. I'll post when I get a chance today.

Tut - Every tut that you send me, I put in my faves and check out and see what I like. I might not use them right away, but eventually. ;D

Have a great day! Shadow c'mon down and enjoy the snow.

12. virtualTune

Home Page:
    @Shadow, my point is that she should be learning more by herself. too many tips might influence her own stle too much...what do u mean i can take a little bit form each. I'd like to see something you have made. Your sig was made by sdort and you waer it like a crown, so to speak. It is nice, but it doesn't represent anything from your side...think about that! :)

13. virtualTune

Home Page:
    @amy check out dafont.com they have tons of fonds. even dingbats and stuff. :alien:

14. virtualTune

Home Page:
    I want sonw as well. We have nearly none in MICHIGAN! o_O

15. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

amy - nah, ill go up ! but omg 16 INCHES? im SO damn jealous.

vt - i disagree. if i didnt use tuts, my work would be utter pieces of crap. (now, im not saying that my sigs and gfx arent, but this is definitely true for fracs, which i make the most) style develops over time. i think, though you may follow the tuts of only one person, who has their own style, you will still retain yours. ive tried to draw using tuts but my (attempts) at drawing still holds my style, in a way. tuts show you HOW to create certain effects - the rest is up to you. you can use different techniques from one tut or another to make your own, original art.

and also - the sig wasnt made by sdort, it was made by ILLYZ. and i wear it like a crown because shes a great friend and i appreciate her gift. i made her sig, btw. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3982 it was through the gift-athon thread, maybe you havent seen it.

clearly you dont understand the meaning of gifts. standards have fallen very low that none of you can appreciate gifts anymore.

16. virtualTune

Home Page:
    well, i didn't know it was gift. obviously u ve been around for a longer time..i just don't see you post any of your work not even fracs! :(

17. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

yes you did know it was a gift, i said so earlier, and you said it was made by sdort (mistakenly, and i have no idea why sdort of all people, no offense to him) and it has my freaking name on it, its not like i stole it from illyz. when its made by someone else but with another persons name on it, its obviously a gift ::)

thats because i dont do art frequently. inspiration comes now and then. but if you want to see it go to http://kalethhasre.deviantart.com http://sky-fyre.deviantart.com (abandoned) http://wolfsshadow.comoj.com/blog

18. virtualTune

Home Page:
    omg calm down . just saying, i ll stop this conversation here!

19. David Wood

Home Page:
    You two are squabbling like an old married couple. :p

20. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

thankfully, im not old, nor married, just making a point some people obviously cant figure out for themselves, though it would stare them in the face ::)