1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need gimp net-fu installtion tutorial... can any one help

Discussion in 'Gimp Tips & Tutorials' started by sriducati, Oct 9, 2010.

1. sriducati

sriducati New Member

hello guyzzzzzzzz,,,
    am searching for gimp net-fu installtion tutoriAl which i could not find till now...i understand its a veru old one,but still there is no detail explanation about installtion of gimp net-fu, is there any one to help me here in this forum?????i could not find any one till now....but i heard many gimp experts are there here in this forum.... plz help me to find a tutorial... its very important for my project. plz guyzzzzzz help me... :(

2. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    Could you give us a link to net-fu?

3. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

4. sriducati

sriducati New Member

yes thats the link.... plzz help me to install that....waiting for your response....

5. Maffe811

Helps ?

6. sriducati

sriducati New Member

thanks alot for your response...i really appreciate your response,
    i actually know about gimp and net-fu ....am aware that needs a gimp1.0.4 on linux server....i have a vps with gnome xvfb desktop to access my vps remotely from my PC. where i have installed gimp1.0.4 i do have net-fu scripts downloaded from sourceforge. net ....but am unaware of the settings that needs be configured on net-fu script,am not worried about gimp am just unaware of net-fu settings to be done and the way to install that ,i guess its not just html files that can b uploaded to webserver, so that i can use gimp to generate logos.......waiting for every one"s response thankyou.......

7. Maffe811

So let me get this straight:
    Net-fu is that thing you can go into to make those logos(LINKZ LINKZ) and you want to install this on virtual framebuffer X server for X Version 11 from Xfree86 ?

So its bacicly a host unit with net-fu and that acts like one of theese pages?
    if it is, why not ask the administrators of those net-fu sitets (Again, LINKZ LINKZ)

8. sriducati

sriducati New Member

thanks for your reply again,,,,
    i had messged both of them flametext and also cool text... but you know what the reply i got from them? "we are not interested to teach you bcos we dont want one more net-fu website to come online dont message me again am busy running my business" this was the response i got from flamtxt admin....they are not ready to teach any one.... but am eager to learn about net-fu(i have a big dream project in my mind) and i just wanted to prove that there are people who are more expertize then flmtxt and coltxt... they think that they are only webmasters who can desighn such scripts...i heard from someone gimpers.net has number of people who are just expertize in gimp and other open source project ...am taking long time to configure net-fu scripts(am still doing)...thats the reason i opened this topic here,,,if we complete this project through gimpers.net everyone who have replied on this topic will have their own name and their logo on the homepage... any way am getting good response from every one am very much happy and thankfull to you people...your response is appreciated...
    thank you all....

9. Maffe811

I promise you i wont give up on this!
    I love haveing a problem and trying to solve it by search on the interwebzz :p
    so basicly we are going to put flametxt and cooltxt in the "Losers" category?

Should we spam him^ ? :p

this is hard to find... hmm....

10. Rod

Rod Moderator Staff Member

hmmm, i downloaded it and will attempt to install it on my server.It's just another type of PHP installer correct? CHmod the forms ,upload them via FTP, and open the install.php file in your browser?

I'll see if i can get it working, and give you the details afterward.

11. sriducati

sriducati New Member

yes you are right thats how it works... but am confused on settings their....wow gimpers. net has more experts.,.. this is wht i expected from you guyz...you people are very help full your names will be on my homepage forevr after completing this project ah i will also send all your names to flmtxt admin saying that "we are the best" :D ...expecting your response guyz... thank you one and all...

12. Maffe811

Rod is kinda our techy guy :)
    And the rest of us are just plain briliant ;D :p

13. Rod

This is what i did.
    Upload the entire net-fu folder to your server via FTP...
    Make sure you upload the entire folder at once OR create a new net-fu folder to upload everything to so you do not overwrite your images, and or cgi folder.

Now once you have it all uploaded go to
    your website domain.com/net-fu/logo-gen/index.php and open in your browser.If the file gets an error. try CHMOD 777 the entire net-fu folder.Then open the index.php file in your browser.
    If you still get an error CHMOD 777 only the index.php file. =)

That should work.
    http://simplysignage.110mb.com/htdocs/n ... /index.php
    (i still have some files that seem to be CHMOD exe yet)
    If you cant get it working, sorry i do not know whats wrong.Probably an server host error.

14. Maffe811

it seems working!
    buuut... idk... something got f'ed on the page!

15. Rod

I think perhaps something in the include/functions.php file needs to be changed.Probably a path is wrong.

16. sriducati

sriducati New Member

:( no rod its not so easy and simple....
    hello you can not run it on "110mb" that scripts need a virtual server with ssh root access.
    we also need to edit functions.php with new dedicated ip address ...its really not so simple...any way we appreciate for trying ..thank you..

17. Maffe811

ok, sriducati, how do we like test this... is there a place were we can check, upload, change code, update and recheck if it worked ?
    but lets say we got a virtual server with ssg root access, what do we do?
    and how do we get a VS with ssg root access on a remote place so we all can test!

18. Rod

Ok i got you.
    Sorry i couldn't help you out.Perhaps there is someone here that can upload the files to their domain and test it for you.
    I do have my own MYsql Database WITH php installed. (so i can have my phpbb forums)
    It seems i only had an error in the font selection and configuration of the functions.php file.
    I set Perms for every file to 777.

On a side note, the edit text area does keep wanting to pop up but keeps closing.

Ah well something to play with later on. =)

Isn't there another PHP script to do this with?

19. Maffe811

20. sriducati

sriducati New Member

helloo maffe and rod i sent ftp details to both of you to test it on my server with dedicated ip... my server has everything needs to fix that problemm... lets rock guyz...its a challenge guyz, lets not giveup(am trying since a long time....) ...we can fix this,,,, we can do this...your response is appreciated...thank you...