1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entry Point Not Found

Discussion in 'General GIMP help' started by Skeeter, May 5, 2010.

1. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

I've used Gimp for maybe a year or so and I just love it!
    My trouble all started when I searched the internet to find if I could make Gimp open in full screen. I got side-tracked and saw that you could get different thems for Gimp. To make a long story short I messed my Gimp up. I downloaded Glade (I don't even know what's it for.
    I have uninstalled Glade, uninstalled Gimp, cleaned up what remaining things of Gimp I could find (I backup my brushes to a different folder), rebooted and tried to re-install Gimp (twice).
    However, when I install Gimp it seems to install fine. I start Gimp and I get these endless errors:

wind.exe- Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point atk_relation_add_target could not be located in the dynammic link library libatk-1.0_0.dll

win-snap.exe- Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point atk_relation_add_target could not be located in the dynammic link library libatk-1.0_0.dll

whirl-pinch.exe- Entry Point Not Found

waves.exe- Entry Point Not Found

warp.exe- Entry Point Not Found

video.exe- Entry Point Not Found

van-gogh-lic.exe- Entry Point Not Found

value-propagate.exe- Entry Point Not Found

If anyone can help me I'd be greatful.
    Thank you

2. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    Try uninstalling Gimp, andthen go into you're program files (C:\Program Files) and delete the gimp folder. Also if you have CCleaner installed run the registry cleaner after the unistallation. Give this a try and reinstall Gimp. Let me know how it works! :)

3. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

Thank you for your reply. I did that already. I used CCleaner plus 2 more registry cleaners, tried rebooting after uninstalling and cleaning up, deleted program file and application data but the same errors come.

4. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

No idea's? I cleaned my computer up again. I had nothing that said Gimp. I installed Gimp again and it seems to install okay. But when I open it is when I get all of the pop ups with the errors. :'(

5. David Wood

Home Page:
    AMY!!!!!!!!!!! She's the programmer on here.

6. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

:D Holler real loud!
    Thanks!!!

7. Omerta_69

Omerta_69 Member

Have you tried installing Revo Uninstaller? It is an uber uninstaller program. Seems like there is an left over file somewhere.

8. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

Thank you for your help. I agree, it seems like there's a file hanging somewhere. On the other hand, I'm beginning to think it's a Windows XP issue on my computer.
    I use Advanced Uninstaller. It finds every Gimp file on my computer and then I choose to delete them all.
    I've used Revo Uninstaller before but I really like everything Advanced Uninstaller does. Right now I can't find one Gimp file. I'll try to install Gimp again.
    :)

9. Omerta_69

Omerta_69 Member

Advance Uninstaller? Info and link plz! lol

10. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

Here ya go:
    http://www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller/

Now, back to my problem.
    I just now installed Gimp. I let it launch the program and I got all of the errors again.
    Here's what I saw happening:
    While everything is loading you see what's loading. When it's "Querying new Plug-ins" is where it starts giving me the errors. They are the names of the plug-ins (I think.)
    I clicked through every single error (whew) and finally when Gimp was past the plug-ins it opened.
    It looked just like it use to with one exception. I opened a file. A gif file was all I was allowed to open. When I tried to save it as a jpg file there was no option to save it as that type of file. Usually there are a lot of extensions to choose from but I could only choose gif and a couple of Gimp extensions.
    Help me please!
    :'(
    Why is it that when I Google "The procedure entry point atk_relation_add_target could not be located in the dynamic link library libatk-1.0-0.dll" it brings up Glade? I don't even know what Glade is but I know I did install and uninstalled it.

11. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    Hi! Ok I've read the issue 2x now and I think I'm on board with what is happening.

My first thought is that the library libatk-1.0_0.dll is corrupt and you will need to remove/rename it and then try. If that doesn't work. Post back and I'll take another look.

HTH

12. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

Thank you, Amy. I did a search for the libatk-1.0_0.dll but couldn't find it. I downloaded the dll file. When I copied it to the System32 folder it asked if I wanted to overwrite it and I said Yes. If the dll wasn't found when I searched for it, why did the copier ask to overwrite it? Then again, maybe I jumped the gun. I'll wait for your reply. :)

13. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    Ske - there is always a 'footprint' of sort left over from all software you download, kind of like your carbon foot print in the world. Even though you deleted what you saw, there is still some inbedded in your PC/laptop.

Did Gimp start up for you ok? If not then I would rename the dll file & give it a try.
    I hope this helps. If not let me know. :D

14. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

Yes, after I click through all of the error boxes Gimp loads and looks normal.
    However:
    It looked just like it use to with one exception. I opened a file. A gif file was all I was allowed to open. When I tried to save it as a jpg file there was no option to save it as that type of file. Usually there are a lot of extensions to choose from but I could only choose gif and a couple of Gimp extensions.

I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what you mean "rename the dll file."
    I can't find that particular dll file.

15. Omerta_69

Omerta_69 Member

Weird, maybe contact official GIMP support?

16. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    Ske - Did you just upgrade to WindowsXP?

# I'm getting The procedure entry point libintl_snprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library intl.dll. when I try to run GIMP or use plug-ins. How do I fix it?
    # Some broken application placed a file named intl.dll to your Windows or Windows\System32 directory. Rename it, and GIMP will work fine.

From the GIMP website ! Looks like a plug-in screwed up your GIMP.

17. Omerta_69

Omerta_69 Member

Glade does not spell Glad......sorry tried to add some humor. :(

18. Garnet1377

Garnet1377 Member

coder monkey
    O69 - very funny!

I thought GLADE plug in was something you plug into an outlet? They have a gimp plug in too?

Ske - did that help? Make it worse?

19. Omerta_69

Omerta_69 Member

Think he needs to change his Glade outlet then, cause it left an funny smell. ;)

20. David Wood

Home Page:
    Try uninstalling Gimp, deleting the folder, running a registry cleaner, and then try this.

Go to this location: C:\Documents and Settings\(whatever your computer username is\.gimp-2.6

Delete any and all files that you find in there.