1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Image

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by Fuzz22, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Fuzz22

Fuzz22 New Member

Hi,

I have tried all day to download GIMP for OS X.4.11. Each time the .dmg downloads, but the disk image will not mount, does anyone know a what this might be, or is there anyway to manually mount the disk?

Thanks,
    John

2. Grant

Grant New Member

I have been able to get the Disk Image to load (for OS 10.4.11). Drag everything over to the applications folders. Have loaded up the Apple X11 software from my install disk; however, still get a need Apple's X11 error message when starting.

3. lisanet

lisanet Member

To install X11 please make sure, that you use the Installation DVD for Tiger. (a Panther CD/DVD will _not_ work!). After installing X11 from the Tiger Installation DVD, do a Software update to get the latest X11 version. Only this updated version will work. X11 has to be version 1.1.3

Just follow the steps described here:

http://darwingimp.sourceforge.net/guides/install_tiger/

BTW, the dmg for GIMP 2.6.5 / Tiger was corrupted,... sorry. A new (and hopefully fixed one) will follow soon. Please use the 2.6.4 release instead.

-skl